Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Depressed Parents and the Effects on Their Children"

Here is another article I found online "Depressed Parents and the Effects on Their Children."

If you feel hopeless, depressed at any point when caring for your child with special needs, don't fret. You're not alone, and things can get better with the right action.

I am certainly still working on re-establishing (or maybe for the first time) my relationship with my son who has food allergies. It has not been an easy balancing act learning about his chronic medical problem, while taking care of myself. Sometime ago, I have felt like he was depressed (at the age of 4) and his pediatrician pointed out to me that I probably needed to be treated first - and I am so glad that I got to do so. Finally after 7 years since his birth, I am glad to report that I am finally getting into that stage where balance seems more like an achievable spot rather than a dream.

This PsychCentral seems to have a lot or articles to offer - thanks for the time of internet - so much helpful information out there.