Monday, January 12, 2009

Forwarded Brown Rice Flour Bread Recipi

My neighbor who is sensitive to wheat has sent me this link of
"Finally, Really Good Sandwhich Bread (with Brown Rice Flour)"

Another neighbor has recently started baking bread and we've bought it from him a couple of times - it has been really good, but both me and my son, have started showing some symptoms: itchyness, tiny rashes, some coughing, more mucus in the airway etc - yes, but it's good to know that this is the extent of our wheat allergies. It is certainly not comfortable, I think my mood actually get affected as well, that I should avoid eating. Yet, it's so hard to resist when a fresh baked bread is sitting right in front of us... I guess the answer is really not to get those tempting products in our house (common sense, right!?)

I have heard somewhere sometime back that, sometimes, when we are sensitive to things, we might actually crave for it - as almost being dictated, sort of like cigarette, alchohol, drugs in a sense?? Not so sure, but this COULD be the case (I'm not saying it IS).

Back to baking, with some subsitute, I hope to try baking it. There has also been an issue of gluten free bread making on Living Without Magazine a while back, but I just haven't been able to get myself into kitchen to experiment! It's been on my want-to-do list, but cooking not being my favorite activity it's been hard. If anyone here wants to try cooking experiment with me, we have a commercial kitchen with a lot of space (not my personal one, belongs to the community), I'd love to host an event, so please let me know!